Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Favorite book

One of my all time favorite books is Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. I have actually read this book not once, not twice but three times. My friend inspired me to read this book. She told me she related alot of the things happening in the book to her own life. So i gave it a try and im glad i did. The book is about a girl named Melinda Sordino.after she called the cops on a party, she lost all her friends. But nobody knew it was because she had gotten raped. Throughout the book melinda starts to isolate herself more. She finds a room in the school where she goes to get away from everything. To make things worst,  her rapist is dating her ex-bestfriend. This and many more reasons causes her to stop speaking. This book has many lessons to teach its reader's such as "holding all your feelings inside can cause you to blow up" and "its okay to let people in sometimes ".

1 comment:

  1. Well another huge lesson in the book is that depression is the natural result from bad experiences. I have also read Speak a few times. It's a great book. I would like to know more about why you think it is so great.

    ReplyDelete